Saturday, July 9, 2011

Things in Canada are ALL RIGHT


Made it back to Seattle tonight after three nights and four days in Lovely British Columbia. I happened to stay all three nights on the Salt Spring Island and just kind of hung out. Yesterday I volunteered some hours on a cob construction worksite. A nice young family are making their home from straw, mud and clay. It is a timber frame infill with all of the lumber being milled onsite. Pretty cool.

Today I rode back to the main island and met up with Andra in Victoria. We went to a popular little hole in the wall that we decided our friend Robbie would love. The Pink Bicycle is a burger joint that offers gourmet burgers of all kinds. Mine was lamb and Andra enjoyed the Bison. MMMmmm. Beautiful city. (thanks for the hospitality Andra!)

Tomorrow I'll spend some time in Seattle checking out the local scene. I'll also try to meet up with a couple of old friends if they can make it downtown. From there I take the train to Montana for the second to last biking portion of the trip. 138 miles to Missoula from Whitefish. Wishing I had more time, good weather and an unlimited budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment